[mythtv-users] Database restore error.

Mike Perry pez at cus.org.uk
Sun Mar 6 19:18:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

I wanted to change the hostname of my mythbox, so I followed the
instructions in the documentation.

When I come to restore my database, even in fact to restore the unedited
database I get the following error:

#mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < mythtv_restore.sql
ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 827: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Now, If I try and restore an old database (6 months old unfortunately)
then it works fine. The old one is 1/3 the size of the new one if that
makes any difference.
Other details are database is mysql 4.1.10 running on freebsd 5.2.1

Line 827 is just a comment but if I add a blank line before it the line
error number increments by one
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE 'nestitle' ENABLE KEYS */;

Any ideas how I can go about fixing this or looking for the problem??

Thanks,
Mike.