[mythtv-users] reccomendations for wireless PCI nic

maestro maestro82 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:37:04 UTC 2005

i too would suggest getting a nic based on a prism54 chipset (i've got a
pcmcia netgear wg511 and it works like charm) the driver for those is
actually in the vanilla stock kernel since 2.4.26 afaik
(http://prism54.org - is outdated since driver development is done in
the kernel now, but lots of good info)
as for the usb wireless key, i purchased a netgear MA111 (based on the
prism2 chipset - it's 801.11b only but thats sufficient for downloading
the tv-guide to my pvr) works aswell but only with linux-wlan-ng drivers
which are not in the stock kernel but still free software
(http://www.linux-wlan.org/), remember that linux-wlan-ng drivers don't
work with wireless extensions they bring their own managenent tools.

hope that helps a little
cheers,