[mythtv-users] Best OS (where in the archives?)

greg gval at mts.net
Sun Mar 6 07:57:20 UTC 2005

I've used all three OSes. I don't care for mandrake because it's hard to
install software outside of it's own installer. Debian is great if the
package you are trying to install has ben around for a while and you
don't mind using a slightly older version. Gentoo allows you to use
bleeding edge software, however, on occasion you do have to do some
serious poking around to get things to work.

There is a distro called knoppmyth specifically designed for mythtv, but
it didn't work well with my hardware (PVR 350 and an EPIA board). Give
that a try (if your not using my hardware combo).

I've also heard great things about ubuntu, but have never used it myself
(yet).

greg <gval at mts.net>