[mythtv-users] FC3 really sucks for mythtv use

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Mar 6 07:30:07 UTC 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 5:12 PM, Terry Griffin wrote:

> For what it's worth as another data point, I could never get 0.16
> to work with FC3. Setting it up on FC2 was no problem. With 0.17
> things got much better so that installing on FC3 is now no more
> difficult than FC2, at least for the case of my bttv-based NTSC
> card.
>
> With my HD3000 however it's another story. I had the driver-level
> part worked out once with pcHDTV drivers and a 2.6.9 kernel, but
> MythTV wouldn't work with that. I got as far is getting one channel
> up in MythTV, but changing channels brought it back down.
>
> Now I'm trying the DVB route with 2.6.11. No luck so far. I'm stuck
> more or less at the same spot as Sean in the "HD3000 FC3 Install Guide"
> thread.

If you use the latest stock FC3 kernel, there are DVB kernel module
packages on ATrpms cut off DVB source from this past Monday. You might
try installing those and the latest video4linux kernel modules. They're
driving my Air2PC card just fine and to the best of my knowledge, they
should work with the HD-3000 as well.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com