[mythtv-users] reccomendations for wireless PCI nic

jerome lacoste jerome.lacoste at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:25:55 UTC 2005

> anybody have a reccomendations for something currently available with good support under linux?

If you want to support open source I would suggest to:
- look at prism54 based cards (prism54.org)
- if you don't look for cards supported by the madwifi sourceforge
project (it's not completely open, but the developer(s) has/ve access
to the specifications and they are very responsive and provide good
support (plus it's been reverse engineered by one of the BSD team and
it has a good chance to have a good pure open source support in the
future.

Avoid ndiswrapper if you can. The best you can get will be the Windows
level of support. Aim for better.

I have a DLink DWL650 PCMCIA card supported by the madwifi project and
it works very well.

BTW; I am currently searching for a USB wireless key myself. If I find
something that works well on Linux, not using ndiswrapper, I will post
back to the list.

Cheers,