[mythtv-users] Best OS (where in the archives?)

Scott Minneman sminneman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:11:04 UTC 2005

Glad Knoppmyth worked for you, but it didn't for me.  Neither did FC3,
Debian, or SuSE.  Of course, that could have been from my
then-unfamiliarity with Linux.

Finally had some luck with Gentoo, and am happy with it.

Scott

Byron Miller wrote:

>I have fallen in love with Knoppmyth, simply because it works :)
>
>Using R5A10 without many problems (after reading the FAQ and Wiki)
>
>http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html
>
>(based on debian)
>
>-byron
>

>On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:53:47 -0500, Don Sheehan <don.sheehan at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I am sure this is covered in the archives but I can't find it.
>>
>>What are the pros/cons of different distros for mythtv? Specifically
>>Mandrake, Debian, or Gentoo.
>>
>>So the question here is, what can I search on to find so threads to read?
>>
>>Thanks!

Scott Minneman
J.D. Candidate, 2007
The George Washington University Law School