[mythtv-users] Re: 1080i

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Mar 5 23:56:16 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 08:29, Neil wrote:
> Anyways, Jarod, don't worry about sending your config. I got X working with
> the propietary 6pin ps/2 port. However, I'm still having solid battle with
> single head configuration on this port and DVI port.

Looks like I'm in the same boat. I finally got my card up and running this
afternoon. Everything is just plug-and-play, and I've seen the system BIOS
for the first time ever when connected via component video, and was really
excited about that, but whenever Myth tries to display a show or when I try
to play a movie file with xine, I get a bit of audio for a second and a black
screen, then audio cuts out and the system just sits there.

[...]
> I tried running mythfrontend like this:
>
> NO_XV=1 mythfrontend
>
> and guess what, I was able to watch the recorded program. So is it an
> OVERLAY issue when using single head?

I haven't yet tried switching back to VGA through my 9A60 w/the 6200, but I
had no single-head issues when using my prior 5200 through the 9A60.

[...]
> I did another test using mplayer. I played it like this:
>
> mplayer -vo xv test.st
>
> the system spiked to 99% cpu utilization. So it's not a Myth issue!!!
>
> What are your recommendations now. If I can get this to work using single
> head(to get rid of tearing in pictures), that would be awesome!!!

I'll have to try my 9A60 again first, but it looks like I'm back to that for
now. Seems to be a bug in the nVidia driver, if you ask me.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...