[mythtv-users] [Opinion] FC3 really sucks for mythtv use

James Emmrich jemmrich at lwp.ca
Sat Mar 5 22:55:49 UTC 2005

I'll add my comment,

Although im not a guru myself, and still pretty new to linux when it
comes to configuring/compiling and editing my rpm sources... I do run
fedora core 3 without much error.

Ive been working on this thing for 3 days straight tho, its now to the
point im fustrated so much i cant sleep all i think is
"gotta-get-myth-working" and in between reading the mail archive
listings lol

jarods howto is pretty good, a bit tough to follow as he supports a few
cards and configs (it would be awesome if it was a wiki style) however
flowed thru the article with minor hickups due to kernel version errors
(an error over looked on my part).

Now as for fedora as a myth box, im not sure yet, I still have to get
beyond watching 1 second of video till prebuffering issues kick in.

I like fedora, and for everything that i do and have done so far it
works great!
Fedora almost seems to take a lot of heat as an unstable distro, well
from the people i talk to anyways, but personally id recommend it to
anyone, desktop or mythbox (at the moment :D ).

James