[mythtv-users] New Gentoo Myth Install - No Sound

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 19:58:19 UTC 2005

"Finished" my new myth install last night, and there's no sound.  The
simple explanation might be that I didn't install alsa, trying instead
to get it to work with just the nvidia driver.  So, I emerge'd
alsa-tools (it's a gentoo system) and loaded alsa
(/etc/init.d/alsasound start), and adjusted my sound settings using
alsamixer - but nothing.  Now, I don't have alsa in my "USE" flags, so
mayber that's it, but I'm not sure what else to try next to get this
working.  Anyone?