[mythtv-users] AMD64 FC3 MythTV 0.17 installation

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Mar 5 19:22:04 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 12:51 -0500, Edward Rudd wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 11:38, Mike Ryan wrote:
> > Hi
>
> [snip]
>

> > Should I be doing this another way for an AMD-64 installation?
>
> Yes, add atrpms as a yum source to yum or add it to up2date's source
> file. OR install smart from atrpms.  All are viable options until the
> APT group gets around to fixing the amd64 issues.
>
> Reading atrpms.net's install page  http://atrpms.net/install.html has
> information on configuring YUM

Yep - I finally got around to fixing yum on my AMD64 box last night.  It
was a little tricky.  From memory...

1. Add a source for atrpms to /etc/yum.repos.d/

At this point, a simple 'yum update' didn't work.  Sooo...

2. yum install python24 pythonabi
3. Download yum from atrpms
4. rpm -e yum
5. rpm -i <downloaded yum from atrpms>  (you may need to have atrpms-
package-config installed for this step to work)
6. yum update

Wait a *WHILE*.

7. Fix /etc/grub.conf to *NOT* boot the new 770_14 kernel.  ( At this
point, the kernel installed (770_14) would cause kernel oopses with the
nvidia video driver, so I had to replace it with the stock Fedora 770
kernel).
8. Reboot
9. Download stock redhat 770 kernel (which you could also do while
waiting for the yum update to complete earlier)
10. rpm -e <atrpms 770_14 kernel)
11. rpm -i <downloaded fedora 770 kernel)
12. Check /etc/grub.conf
13. yum update (just in case)
14. reboot
15. Continue on your way with Jarod's guide.

Jarod, if you're reading this, you might want to include parts of this
in the doc... of course, someone might want to recheck this!

	-I