[mythtv-users] iPaq NetRemote???

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Sat Mar 5 18:25:29 UTC 2005

There is an app called NetRemote for windows which allows you to use a PDA with
WLAN (or a tablet PC, desktop with touchscreen/mouse, etc on the LAN) to
control multimedia apps on yoru HTPC. Is there any project for linux which
replicates this?

Maybe even if we had a java based mythtv remote control this would be useable as
a stopgap? Or a java based lirc server which generated lirc network packets
from software button pressess?

I imagine a day when we have a two-way remote control, giving program
guide/recorded show listings on the PDA screen, as well as mythmusic and
mythvideo selections, and then allowing full control of the mythfrontend
running on your HTPC.

Has anyone thought much about this?

Chris