[mythtv-users] HELP about TV output

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:31:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:22:19 -0600, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> A newbie here. I wrote a couple of weeks back, and although a few guys
> tried to help me, it didnt work. My appeal again:
>
> I am running pvr-250 (980) on a P3-650 Mhz-640 Mb RAM computer. When I
> watch TV or the recording (since it's going to record the way it comes
> on TV), I get a blue line on the left side the the upper side. Someone
> suggested xattr thing with an "&" at the end; but that didn't work.
> Someone also suggested modifying the /usr/bin/nVidia-Settings-1.0-6629
> file but that didn't work either. I am at at brickwall now. Nothing
> works and I hate watching my myth tv now with that bar....
>
> SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
>
> Any help is appreciated as always...
>
> Thanks,
> Ash.

It's xvattr, and it works great for me.  I use the command:
xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0
in my ~/.kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh file. If you did not use Jarod's
guide, you might not have this file and may need to put the command
somewhere else to have it run at startup.

If you are running from the command line, the "&" at the end just
tells the process to run in the background. Not sure if this is
necessary, as it seems to be a command that does it's job and then
exits, returning you to your shell, but I might be wrong about this.

Garry