[mythtv-users] Broadcast Flag Article mentions MythTV and quotes Issac

Pete Stagman tyrstag at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:54:49 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm in contact with a reporter from techtarget as I'm writing this.
www.techtarget.com
They may be interested in doing a story on MythTV and the broadcast
flag. (After I dropped a dime of course). Don't know if this will
actually fly, but I'm giving it a shot.

Is anyone interested in being interviewed? I'd love to have them talk
to Isaac of course. Maybe Jarod?

It'd be real nice to have them on our side.

--Pete

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:37:56 -0700, Shawn Willden
<shawn-myth at willden.org> wrote:
> Andy Long wrote:
>
> >Since a copy has to be transfixed to a medium to receive copyright,
> >how exactly does broadcasting qualify?  This isn't an attack against
> >you, just something I have oft wondered.
> >

> The show gets copyright protection when it is first fixed in tangible
> medium by the production team.
>
> The legalities around broadcasting copyrighted materials constitute a
> huge portion of US Title 17, the copyright law (see
> http://copyright.gov).  In general, only the copyright owner can
> authorize broadcasts and certainly doesn't lose copyright by doing it.
>
>     Shawn.

Lirc, FC3, and an Irblaster?
www.lircsetup.com