[mythtv-users] Autostart frontend ONLY on manual startup?

mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:29:59 UTC 2005

Lane wrote:

<snip>

> Right now I start up KDE, and then start myth frontend by
> pressing the Power button on my remote, which lircd catches
> and then uses to start Myth. I'm using the method described
> in the Tips 'n' Tricks section of Jarod's guide.
>
> What I'd like is for the frontend to start, without me having
> to press any buttons on the remote, iff I started the Myth
> box manually. I know it seems a bit lazy, but it makes sense
> to me that if I started the box manually, the frontend should start.

Like I said before, something that I'd be planning on doing for a bit
and was planning on doing this weekend, I had a rather quiet night at
work so inspired by the demand I had a bit of a scripting session. :-)

A little bit of sql and ksh[1] later and I have a beta that works and
is undergoing testing now...

Need to do a little bit more work to make it easier and to schedule restarts

for cron jobs and it'll be perfect.

Got to do some phoning round for my bike insurance now
(*mutter*grumble*money*grabbing*lazy*bunch*of*gits*ahem)
but should have something later today (well today for me anyway ;-) )

Regards

Druid

[1] Written on SINIX-Y[1] ksh at work then ported to bash at home ;-)
[2] Proper unix :-)