[mythtv-users] How do I increase sound volume in LIve TV?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:45:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with the MythTV module. The volume very low when I
watch a lite broadcast. However, when i view TV using mplayer tv:/
capability and alsa output, the volume is not that bad. This is Myth
0.16 on gentoo, kernel 2.6.9. I use a PVR-350 board for capture and TV
out.
The sound chip is an on-board VIA chip that works with alsa.

Since there is still sound when I remove the loop-back cable from the
sound input., which means that sound travels through the SCART cable
to the TV. Can I change it to use the loop-back instead? Maybe I get
better quality then...?

Please, help me figure this out.