[mythtv-users] Setup in unsupported countries?

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Thu Mar 3 20:47:08 UTC 2005

Hi
I live in Belgium, which is not one of the countries listed in mythtvsetup.

However, there are websites that offer a sql script for the channels, their
logos, and with XML rips of tv listings and cron files etc....

The trouble is I can't really work out what order to do it all in, and what it
is safe to leave.  For example in mythtvsetup I setup a "cable" video source
but as there is no option not to have a country then I leave it on US and
don't fill in anything else.

Secondly, I have info about the channels being used, but the names don't match
what xawtv users.  What is supposed to SE8 becomes SE9, and more generally
the order is rather different (blocks of channels are in order and then it
goes off and does another block).

I'm going to need to edit the channels.sql file but I don't know which codes
to use - those with M*, H*, ... or those that xawtv uses (and then do I use
the xawtv numbers or those in the literature from my cable company).

Can anyone help me step-by-step through this - I'll write it all up afterwards
to help followers....

Sim