[mythtv-users] PVR350 frame buffer blanking before calling mplayer

Mark Matula mmatula at ratula.net
Thu Mar 3 20:03:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, jgmtfia Mr wrote:

> I am looking for a way to blank the frame buffer before mplayer is
> called to view video files.  mplayer sometimes in unable to black out
> the areas that lie outside of its chosen playback area even though I
> have selected that option on the mplayer command line.

I believe this should blank your framebuffer:

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -noglobalalpha -localalpha

Note the 'fb1' part might need adjusting on your box.  Also, I don't know if
it will preclude mplayer from outputting, nor if the frontend will display
properly once mplayer exits.  I'm not near my box to test that part out.

Mark Matula
Mikey, you will be missed: