[mythtv-users] Audio out of Sync with Video.

Matt Vollmar matt at vollmars.com
Thu Mar 3 14:46:48 UTC 2005

Phill Edwards wrote:

>>A little read up tells me that I do not need to route the external
>>wire. Does anyone know how to enable the TV Tuner sound card .
>>

>There's a btaudio HOWTO at http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/BtaudioHowTo

I use btaudio with great success.  I have an ATI TV Wonder card, which
is one of the few where btaudio works correctly (supposedly).  You MUST
set audio capture to 32000 Hz, or you will get some serious
chipmunking.  Also, I had to fiddle with my modprobe.conf to make sure
btaudio was loaded AFTER my soundcard so that /dev/dsp was my soundcard
and /dev/dsp1 was btaudio.  Works like a charm and makes me happy not to
have to route the external cable.

Matt