[mythtv-users] Problems Editing a DVB recording

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:38:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been using MythTV for about 2 months now, and I'm very impressed
with it! Well done to everyone involved!

I have a VisionPlus (Twinhan) DVB-T card in the UK, running 0.17 on
FC3 but I'm yet to find a way to edit the recordings. I assumed it
generates MPEG2 files. So I discovered a program called avidemux2
which can read and write to MPEG2 files. I have a dual boot system of
FC3 and Windows 2000. I made some mpg recordings on Windows and
avidemux2 edited them really well, with the sound in sync too. I then
got a nuv file made by MythTV and tried to open it in avidemux2.
avidemux2 says "Problem opening that file!", and prints "unrecognized
file detected..." on the terminal window. I tried renaming it to an
mpg and I have the same problem.

I've tried using nuvexport, but that takes about 5x longer than real
time, and I thought if the files are really just mpg2, it shouldn't
need transcoding anyway. I'd really like to use the MPEG2->MPEG2 cut
option on nuvexport, but as that automates avidemux2 that fails too!

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Jonny