[mythtv-users] Anyone running a Sourced Based Distro?

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:20:23 UTC 2005

I am considering using a sourced based distro like sourcemage as my
platform for myth, to see if it performs better on a lower end system
running a really streamlined setup.

Is anyone else running something like that? Does it run better or
worse? I realize it will be much more work, getting all the stuff
installed, but my hope is that I can get away with only the things I
need to get myth to go, and that it will run alot faster than on
something like Fedora.

I did a test run on my laptop, and it was quite fast booting up. I
used blackbox as the window manager and it was running in no time.

Just looking for feedback.

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom