[mythtv-users] FC3, lirc and irman

hondaman hondaman at hardcs.com
Wed Mar 2 23:49:22 UTC 2005

I got my irman in the mail today, and have had no luck getting it to do
anything.  I have this in my modprobe.conf (as per Jarod's guide)

options lirc_serial irq=3 io=0x2f8
install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none ;\
    /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial

When I do lsmod, i dont see any lirc drivers listed.  If I do depmod -a,
still nothing.  If I do modprobe lirc_serial, then I get
Module                  Size  Used by
lirc_serial            11424  0
lirc_dev               11148  1 lirc_serial

lircd then starts ok.  When I run irw, however, I get no response from
my remote.  I am using the pvr-250 remote (grey top, black bottom, with
the red,green,yellow, and blue buttons along the bottom) with the
corresponding lircd.conf.  I imagine Im doing a hundred things wrong.
Could someone please offer some advice?  I'm seriously stuck.