[mythtv-users] Re: Very interesting findings

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 2 18:54:23 UTC 2005

More info for you guys. I did more analysis last night by playing around
with xorg.conf

1. Commenting out Option "NoDDC" "True" will allow me watch livetv or watch
recorded any programs with only DVI cable wire connected. However, EDID
becomes the master which tells my nvidia card to only use this resolution.
Unfortunately, EDID is detected incorrectly, that's why we have to specify
NoDDC 1 or True so that we can attain a max resolution of 1080i. NoDDC is
the same as IgnoreEDID 1 in xorg.conf

2. Restoring back Option NoDDC True will prevent me from watching livetv or
recorded any program and brings the machine to 99% cpu utilization....

So who is the culprit here then? Myth? X? Nvidia driver? :D