[mythtv-users] MythTV

Caleb cdhanger at att.net
Wed Mar 2 01:29:40 UTC 2005

Hello,

I recently downloaded and installed MythTV.  The documentation clearly
and concisely guided me through the initialization and configuration of
both the required MySQL database and the Myth Backend itself.  I've
rarely had such a good software installation/configuration experience
:).  The first time I ran the Frontend, everything ran smoothly.
However, since then, any time I run the Myth Frontend, there is a
several-second lag in between screens.  Additionally, whenever I must
scroll through a list (such as in the Program Finder) there is about a
one-second lag going from entry to entry.  This makes it take
ridiculously long to get where I need to go.  I have tried running the
program in both Gnome and KDE, as well as XFCE, which is very
lightweight.  What should I do?  Thank you in advance for any help that
you can provide with this problem.

-Caleb