[mythtv-users] How to reply to messages in mythtv-users Archives?

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:17:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:58:47 +1100, Sammo <sammo at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:04:57 +1100, Sammo <sammo at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> >> Sorry for this rather dumb question, but how do I reply to messages in
> >> mythtv-users Archives?
> >>
> >> If I click on View by: [Thread] (e.g. for March 2005), then click on a
> >> subject heading, I can read the message. Then, if I click on the
> >> sender's name, the link points to
> >> mailto:mythtv-users%40mythtv.org?Subject=%5Bmythtv-users%5D%20Sound%20woes&In-Reply-To=1109031788.3044.14.camel%40lathe.slh.lan
> >>
> >> This opens up a Compose message window in Thunderbird, and the subject
> >> field is filled in automatically. I can also copy and "Paste as
> >> quotation" the message I am replying to.
> >>
> >> But the problem is that after I send my reply, it is not shown as a
> >> reply to the original in mythtv-users Archives! I guess it is something
> >> about the In-Reply-To field, so how do I get Thunderbird to use it?
> >>
> >> Thanks heaps :)
> >
> > Try just clicking the "Reply" button on the button bar, not the link
> > in the message header. Thunderbird should handle the reply correctly,
> > it's pretty good at that.
>
> The problem is when I want to reply to a message that I have not
> received in my Inbox. When browsing the list at
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-March/thread.html the only
> way to reply to a message is to click on the sender's name. When I click
> on the link, it opens up a Compose message window in Thunderbird with
> the subject field automatically filled in ...

Try importing the archived messages:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-March.txt.gz
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-February.txt.gz
and then try to reply to them in a normal fashion.

They are in mbox format, so Thunderbird should be able to handle them.

Sorry, I didn't understand that you wanted to reply to the pipermail
archived messages.

Josh