[mythtv-users] DVB Problems on 2.6.10

GBee gbee at actiongames.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 14:32:03 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 Mar 2005 13:42, R.Goff wrote:
> I recently upgraded my kernel from 2.6.7 to 2.6.10 to try to fix some
> problems my dvb card (A TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-T card) seemed to have
> (would just suddenly stop tuning to new stations). However, after
> upgrading, i now get the following error in my mythlog:
>
> Starting up as the master server.
> 2005-03-01 21:11:20.712 DVB#0 DVB SI Table Parser Started
> 2005-03-01 21:11:20.844 DVB#0 ERROR - Opening DVB frontend device
> failed. (6) No such device or address

<snip>
> Anyone else have any clue as to why this would occur? Any suggestions
> are welcome.

Drivers were changed in the 2.6.10 kernel. I finally figured out that if I
recompile myth against the new drivers it would work. In the settings.pro
file in the mythtv source, under the dvb section, you can specify the
location of the driver source (/dvb/linux/frontend.h). Un-commenting the dvb
lines and setting it yo the location of your kernel source should give you a
working myth install.

Sorry for that hasty explanation - I'm just on my way out - but if you need
further help just ask.