[Re: [mythtv-users] Pundit-R TV Out]

Jeroen Brosens jeroen at fotoniq.nl
Tue Mar 1 08:22:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am a Pundit-non-R user (SiS graphics chip) but I have been asking about
the same issue on both lists over and over again.
The reason for the flickering to occur is, that the fields are sent to the
tv-out in a frequency that is most likely to differ from the tv's
frequency (50 Hz) and start jittering when the second field of a frame
comes earlier then the the first. Have a look here:
http://www.100fps.com/why_bobbing.htm

I have tried *every* option to bypass the vertical jitter, even a
VGA->SCART cable, but no luck. It seems no one of the MythTV devvers is
willing to figure out how to get bobdeint working on video hardware that
has no hardware vsync support. If your Ati graphics hardware supports
OpenGL, use it; it gives you vsync. My only option left is to buy an
nVidia card, just for this matter!

-- Jeroen

 On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:47:05 +0000, Chris Martin <council.tax at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm currently using the onboard tv-out from my Pundit-R to drive a PAL
TV.  Using the bob deinterlacer live TV initially looks great (not
significantly worse than using the output on my PVR 350), however the
picture seems to get jittery and flickery with time, to the point that
after about 5 minutes it is unwatchable.  Briefly pausing and
> unpausing returns the picture to its former sharpness, only for the same
thing to happen again 5 minutes down the line.

> Has anyone else had this isssue and has anyone else been successfully
able to use bobdeint with the Pundit-R's TV out?