[mythtv-users] HD3000 FC3 Install guide

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Tue Mar 1 06:39:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:33:49PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> For what its worth, there are dvb kernel modules cut off cvs from today due to
> show up on ATrpms shortly, which should support the HD-2000, HD-3000 and
> Air2PC without having to recompile a thing, including QAM support for the
> 3000 and Air2PC. I'll be testing them shortly myself. I'm also working on a
> kernel RPM with DVB support built-in.

The source for pcHDTV's code for QAM, DVB and so on was uploaded
tonight to pchdtv.freedesktop.org.  What this helps out with is
if you get this cvs code, you don't have to deal withthe various builds
from the dvb or video4linux folks.  It's basically a merge of the code
that works out of the box so to say.  There's very little in what it
diffs between the two places, but enough that it helps.  I'll post cvs
checkout commands tomorrow on that webpage for those interested.  This
is also a great way for those who want to work on the pcHDTV drivers to
be able to get their hands dirty.  Changes taken from this cvs
repository will be send to the video4linux and dvb folks until all the
changes we want are into the kernel, and for future improvements to be
prepped for the kernel.

For the vast majority of people though, I *highly* recommend
sticking with the non-DVB way of using a pcHDTV card.

There is more functionality with the non-DVB version and it will take
some time before all the special pieces of the HDTV code in myth are
migrated over to myths DVB structure.  My estimate would be 1-2 months
to have things working stable to where /I/ would recommend using DVB. --
The cvs repository that I will post will have support for QAM on the
standard cx88xx driver, not just by using DVB to get the QAM signals.
So another reason you need not to move to DVB quite yet if what you're
looking for is QAM support.

--Brandon