[SPAM] Re: [mythtv-users] Need help with Air2pc setup

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:38:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:02:00 -0500, Angel Li <angel at miami.edu> wrote:
> I was recently informed by Taylor that the "Scan All" option actually
> works. I tried it myself and I found new stations I could pick up a
> county or two away. I live in Miami and I could pick up two West Palm
> Beach stations reliably. It's on my list to update the howto real soon now.
>
> Angel

Okay in regards to OTA HD, I got cvs compiled, and the "Scan All"
option worked great.  now when I try and watch live tv with mythtv I
get a black screen and then bounce back to this message about not
being able to sync the video.

I did set up a recording with the program guide, and it is recording.
So I got to recordings, and try to watch it, and I just get a black
screen, don't even get bounced back.  Closing down mythfrontend, and
trying to play the recorded file in mplayer gets a slowmotion picture
with no sound.  Trying xine on the file gets me the sound, but a
jittery picture.

I'm thinking that my media players aren't optimized or something.  I'm
running on a AMD64 3000 (939 socket, 90nm) with 2 gig of ram.  My
athlon xp 2500 can play back live tv from a pchdtv3000 card fine.

Anyway I guess I'm mostly there.