[mythtv-users] XBox questions

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Thu Jun 30 21:23:04 UTC 2005

> 1) Does the XBox version of Linux/MythTV support HDTV output?  I know

I've read reports of people getting 480p to sort of work, but the XBox
isn't powerful enough to decode real HD.  Expect to get 480i, and you
won't be disappointed :)

> 2) I found a used IR receiver without a remote.  Is it possible to use
> that with a "universal" remote, or did Microsoft use some proprietary
> signal?

It's a standard RCA DVD remote.  Replacements are cheap and plentiful.

> 3) I am making my own wiring harness to plug a standard USB socket into
> the XBox controller port (in order to load the hacked game-save image).
> If I can't use the Microsoft IR receiver, is there a USB receiver that's
> known to work with MythTV?

I'd just go with the MS dongle.  It works quite well, and the MythXbox
scripts set it up for you.

Greg