[mythtv-users] Database setup

ian swanson swansian at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jun 30 18:29:50 UTC 2005

Everytime I attempt to start the MySQL server, whether it be at start up, or running the frontend, it says that it can't connect to server through /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. I assume that this is not the correct place for it to look? Where should it look- *(I'm running Fedora Core 3), and how do you change the location in which it looks? I have searched my system and there isn't any mysql.sock anywhere, and i'm not familar with database programs. Any help is appreciated. Ian