[mythtv-users] problem with getting a proper image // please help me

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jun 30 16:16:37 UTC 2005

On 30-Jun-05, at 4:12 AM, iwan wrote:

> The only thing that I see is snow...
> I do not get a proper image ...and the COAX cable is pluged in correct
> and the cable is good...
>
> Now my question here is ...What can I do?
> How should I talk to the ivtv list?

You can get to ivtv lists through http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/ either
through the forums link or the sourceforge mailing list on the project
page.

One thing I've noticed is the ivtv driver may report success even if it
has trouble with a tuner. From dmesg you should look at everything
between "START INIT IVTV" and "END INIT IVTV". A common problem is the
driver doesn't recognize your tuner.

- George