[mythtv-users] [OT] ALSA messup :-(

Morten Rønseth morten.ronseth at webfx.no
Thu Jun 30 15:41:50 UTC 2005

Jim Reith wrote:

> At 10:42 AM 6/30/2005, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Marc Tousignant wrote:
>>> See the first line there.
>>> # This file is autogenerated from /etc/modules.conf using
>>> generate-modprobe.conf command
>>> Running that command might help you in recreating your modprobe.conf
>> Not really...it takes whatever is in /etc/modules.conf and writes
>> properly formatted to stdout.
>> Since /etc/modules.conf is empty it doesn't help much...
>> Thanks anyway :-)
>> Cheers,
> unfortunately you're proving why every "HowTo" stresses the line "cp
> file file.save" right before they tell you to edit some config file.

Ain't that the truth - I have a backup script that backs up every
important file in my myth-system. Unfortunately This file wasn't set up
to be configured...

> have you looked in the messages log to see if there are complaints
> about specific modules not being loaded during start up? That can at
> least tell you about dependencies that are either out of order or missing
It turns out that the order in which the two sound modules were listed
Iswapped things around and I now got the emu10k1 module to load and get
sound through myth.
However, I cannot load the onboard sound module...

sound: Loading sound module (snd-emu10k1) succeeded
Jun 30 17:36:07 localhost kernel: snd-via82xx: Unknown symbol
Jun 30 17:36:07 localhost modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting snd-via82xx
(/lib/modules/ Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Not sure what this is...

WEB-fx                           http://www.webfx.no
Morten Lerskau Rønseth           mailto:morten at webfx.no
Odinsvei 15c                     +47 6680 9191
1413 Tårnåsen                    +47 9343 4357