[mythtv-users] problem with getting a proper image // pleasehelp me

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jun 30 10:37:18 UTC 2005

Have you tried the section for the pvr250/350 to set the correct input:

For NTSC:
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480

For PAL:
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0xff
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=576

Then do the ptune and mplayer.  The -p 4 sets the input to the
tuner, not the svideo or composite inputs.

Paul

>>> iwan at i-lusion.nl 06/30/05 4:12 AM >>>
?
Hi,

I have done the following:
[root at MythTVBOX ~]# /sbin/modprobe ivtv
[root at MythTVBOX ~]# /sbin/depmod -a
[root at MythTVBOX ~]# /bin/dmesg |grep Initialized
ieee1394: Initialized config rom entry `ip1394'
ivtv: Initialized WinTV PVR 350, card #0
[root at MythTVBOX ~]#

Now it looks like my TVCard is Initializing correct.

When I do this:
[root at MythTVBOX ~]# /usr/lib/ivtv/ptune-ui.pl &
[root at MythTVBOX ~]# mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0

The only thing that I see is snow...

I do not get a proper image ...and the COAX cable is pluged in correct
and the cable is good...

The guide of Jorod says:
Use the ptune UI to change channels, frequency tables, TV standard,
etc., as necessary, until you find a working channel. If you still get
nothing, you probably should talk
to the ivtv list.

Now my question here is ...What can I do?
How should I talk to the ivtv list?

Thanks gor yout help...

I hope I am almost there with finishing this :-)

Iwan Hoogendoorn
CCIE # 13084
E-mail : iwan at i-lusion.nl <mailto:iwan at i-lusion.nl>
FAX# 084 736 0329