[mythtv-users] Haupauge PVR 150

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jun 30 01:50:45 UTC 2005

>>> "Paul Furtado" <paulyman091 at gmail.com> 06/29/05 8:05 PM >>>

<snip>

Looks good.

> I ran mythtv frontend from command line and heres what it said
> when i attempted to watch tv:

Did you try to capture from the command line with
cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg
?

> 2005-06-29 19:47:49.608 New DB connection, total: 2
> 2005-06-29 19:47:50.510 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
(try 1 of 5)

Is the frontend on the same machine as the backend?  If so, looks
right.

<lots of snip>

Looks pretty unsuccessful.
What does lspci -v say?
What does ll /dev/video? say?

> What should i do now and has anyone else been able to
> successfully use this capture card with fedora 3/mythtv?

Do the stuff I asked about...this will give us some clues
if this is a myth problem or ivtv problem.

I'm using FC3 with a 150.  Still can't get a stupid
non-master backend working, and I can only keep
plugging away.  Watching a movie right now I recorded
today with my 150.  Looks great.

Paul