[mythtv-users] MythWeb & Gentoo

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Wed Jun 29 19:37:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 08:54:18PM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> I used portage and built MythWeb but can't for the life of me, figure
> out what files were installed where.  I am familiar with configuring
> Apache and assume I need to set up Apache to point the the php files
> that make MythWeb.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

"Point" is the operative word.  On Debian the mythweb package installs
the php scripts in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb so all I had to do was
make a symlink /var/www/mythweb that pointed to the installation
directory and make sure the /var/www directory had "Options
FollowSymLinks" enabled in the apache config file.

If your apache server is visible from outside your LAN then make sure
you are familiar with how to use .htaccess to control who can configure
your recording schedule.