[mythtv-users] undelete

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 29 02:50:24 UTC 2005

Kelly wrote:

>I'll break the bad news:
>Linux/Unix file system is not the same as M$oft. Sorry but when you
>delete in Linux you delete forever. Unless your with the NSA.... but
>that's another listgroup.
Is this true? I heard a story some years back about Linus (the kernel
guy) deleted his files by mistake, but he managed to get everything back.

Try search in google for a while and see if undeletion can be done. It
should be, as normally the sectors are not overriten/wiped when you do a

First hit in google may help.

BTW, turn the power off that machine immediately, the longer u leave it
running, the more chances the sectors will be overwritten by new data.