[mythtv-users] TV Freezes UPDATE

Matt Gorecki gorecki at mt.net
Mon Jun 27 19:09:28 UTC 2005

I was having the same problem, but I did get it fixed, sort of.  It has
something to do with the modprobe of ivtv.   If I let mythbackend start
automatically, I get the freeze.  However, when I run /sbin/modprobe
ivtv   and then start mythbackend by hand, it doesn't freeze.  I haven't
had the time to look into why it doesn't probe properly.  I also have
problems with lirc not starting properly on boot.  If I modprobe lirc by
hand all is well.  My guess is they aren't being probed at the right
time during boot.

As far as the blue border you can run this command:

xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 66046

That changes the blue to black effectively removing the border.  You
will have to apt-get install xvattr to get this to work.  The change
isn't permenant, so you will have to run it again every time you login.
If you look on Google you can find a startup shell script to
automatically change it on boot.

Matt Gorecki
http://www.iliketrafficlight.com