[mythtv-users] How to extend the pvr-350 ir cable?

James Ogle jogle at wetafx.co.nz
Mon Jun 27 05:56:28 UTC 2005

Gabe Rubin wrote:

>Does anyone know how I can go about extending this cable?  I have
>placed mythbox inside a closet next to my av unit, and the cable is
>now in an awkward position.  Does anyone know an easy way to extend
>this cable?  Can I just split the cable and splice another length in
>there, and if so, what cable should I use?

The plug is a fairly standard minijack plug, I've extended mine about 6
meters through 3 strands of cat5 (2 more used for an IR blaster)

--
                         -- jamesOgle -- models -- wetaDigital --
                                      -- ext4589 -- 04.3875769 --

  ==   Here in the Models Dept, we pride ourselves in the      ==
  ==   sweetasery of both our hand crafted digital models,     ==
  ==   and of our fine line of extreme sporting accessories.   ==