[mythtv-users] Twinhan DVB-T CI module

Einar Bjarni Halldórsson einarha at hi.is
Sun Jun 26 14:21:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've got problems using my cards CI module. Whenever I switch to an
encrypted channel in Myth it spews out this immortal error in the logs
"CAM doesn't support link layer interface, Caps.slot_type=1". Now, my
question is this: What's the link layer and why would I want to support
it?

I've been messing around with ca_zap from linuxtv.org and talking with the
devs there but we still haven't gotten that to work with my card either.
The only thing that did work was in Windows where I got confirmation that
the smartcard from my provider works with my CAM, which in turn worked
with my DVB card.

Now let's go the bottom of this link layers business. My CAM is a Conax
4.00e and I'm using the official smartcard from my provider here in
Iceland.

Einar