[mythtv-users] Exit screen saver using remote control

Obie Fayth bibendum59 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:39:40 UTC 2005

I'm sure this must have come up before, but I couldn't find anything
in the archives...

     If I leave my frontend paused or on a menu for a while eventually
the screen saver comes on.  This is great, but unfortunately I can't
exit the screen saver using my remote; I have to use the IR keyboard.
I'm using a learning remote with lirc and a serial IR receiver I
built.
     I know I could program an unused key on the remote to send a
signal to the IR keyboard's receiver, but ideally I'd like to make it
so that any keypress on the remote wakes the system up. I had bad luck
getting the remote to learn all of the keyboard signals which is why I
went with the serial IR receiver. Has anyone come up with a solution
to this problem?

thanks,
-Obie