[mythtv-users] TV won't play unless you run mythbackend manually from a console

Michael Jones m_g_j at michaelandholly.com
Fri Jun 24 04:59:51 UTC 2005

Ok..  We may be getting somewhere?

Rebooted so everything was fresh..

At a su terminal window (gave me permission errors if I did it as a non su
user):

/etc/init.d/mythbackend stop
/etc/init.d/mythbackend start

Closed the terminal window

Start the mythfrontend from the pulldown menu in KDE

Watch tv..

It works.

whereis mythbackend returns the same path as listed in the
/etc/init.d/mythbackend script.

So what does this mean?