SV: [mythtv-users] Can't get right speaker to work with tvtime/my thtv

Meyland Peter PME at
Wed Jun 22 13:17:22 UTC 2005

I've the same problem and I found a workaround

After a reboot of the computer I start up alsamixer and toggels the capture
input device to something and then back to Line IN, and now I can hear sound
i both channels

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] På vegne af Scott Simpson
Sendt: 22. juni 2005 15:04
Til: mythtv-users at
Emne: [mythtv-users] Can't get right speaker to work with tvtime/mythtv

Fedora Core 3, ATrpms, AverTV Studio card, snd-intel8x0 audio driver
using motherboard audio, cable between card and Line In

Everything with mythtv works fine except that I only get audio on the
left speaker. If I plug the speakers into the AverTV card directly I get
output from both speakers so the problem is in my audio card settings
but I can't get output from the right speaker no matter what I do. If I
use "aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav" I get output from both
speakers so that works fine. Thanks for any help.

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at