[mythtv-users] Going to console mode forces me to restart backend

jerome lacoste jerome.lacoste at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:38:47 UTC 2005

Each time I go to the console while the system is active (watching or
recording a stream), when I come back, the system becomes unusable. It
plays 1 second of video and pauses for 2, in a loop.

I have to restart the backend to fix it.

Does that come from mythtv, the kernel or the tuner card driver?

I don't recall a particular error message in my logs, although it's
been a long time since I checked (I kind of got used to it).

Specs:

EPIA board with both frontend/backend + PVR350
MythTV 0.18.1 and recent ivtv development driver (0.3.6o)

Jerome