[mythtv-users] CVS build Tuesday - no mythtv-setup

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:31:19 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/21/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > Mercury Morris wrote:
> >
> > >A CVS build on Tuesday morning (21June) results in no mythtv-setup
> > >being built or installed.  This link may be of interest:
> > >
> > >  http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2005-June/037420.html
> > >

> > As might this one:
> > http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2005-June/006260.html
> >
> > Which shows the fix was committed 22 minutes after the message you
> > referenced and an hour and 25 minutes before your message.  ;)
> >
> > Guess you just happened to pick an unfortunate time to update your CVS.
> > At least your update to pcHDTV 3000 need not wait any longer.
>
> Hey Mike!  Thanks a bunch, I'll go back to "square-one" and checkout
> the CVS version fresh - give it another try.

Well, different error this time.  After a fresh checkout of mythtv from CVS,
the make and make install steps completed without error.  mythtv-setup
was built and installed.

When I tried to use mythtv-setup, it failed to start with the following error:

mythtv-setup: error while loading shared libraries:
libmythtv-0.18.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

But there is such a file, located in the directory: /usr/local/lib, so
this is quite
a mystery to me.

I guess that the combination of Tuesday + CVS + ??? is not a winner.
Lots of other stuff to install: ivtv, mythweb, phpMyAdmin, and so on.

Maybe Wednesday is the lucky day for MythTV CVS builds, we'll see tomorrow.

--
MM