[mythtv-users] Re: Are there any standardized .mythtv/lircrc files for StreamZap PC_Remote?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:34:47 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I got this at least partially working by building my own. Not sure
> > if there's a repository for these things since no one has responded
> > yet but it seems like a good idea to me. Why should folks have to
> > build these if someone else has already done it? Anyway, if anyone
> > needs a copy contact me off list.
> There is a repository for these things. See this extract from
> http://www.lirc.org/html/help.html#new_remote
> <snip>
> As creating new config files is difficult sometimes and irrecord often
> cannot detect all features of the remote control please send new
> config files to lirc at bartelmus.de. Other people will appreciate this
> very much. Sometimes they cannot create such a config file themselves
> because their original remote control is broken or has been lost. Some
> devices that are capable of IR come without a remote control. Some
> people also only want to build a transmitter and if you make a config
> file available for them they won't need to build a receiver, too.
> Please add all information you can get concerning the remote control
> as a comment to the config file.
> </snip>
> So you should email it to lirc at bartelmus.de for others to use.
> Regards,
> Phill
Hi Phill,
   I don't think this is a repository for lircrc files. He seems to be
talking abuot the config file, not the lircrc file which maps remote
control button codes to specific actions within MythTV. Clearly what I
was looking for (and it's handled now since I did one on my own) is
the .mythtv/lircrc file so taht MythTV knows what to do with events
coming in from the remote. That's pretty clearly, in my mind anyway, a
MythTV issue and not an lirc issue.

   Anyway, I see no set of files there for a MythTV user to use.

   I suspect that the outcome of his work is this directory

which has the config file for the StreamZap

but not the lircrc file which would tell MythTV what to do with each
button push. I was thinking that MythTV should offer these files to
make it easier for people with new remotes to make things work nicely.