[mythtv-users] Sanity check : backend - AMD 64, FC , SATA, Firewire, HDTV...

Toad Mazter toadmazter at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 18:59:35 UTC 2005

> > 6. Was my 64 bit purchase a bad move?
> It'll work fine.
Whew!  Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for
the vote of confidence!

> For your frontend, you should also consider
> 1) media mvp (hauppage) --- speaks myth check out
> the sourceforge site
> for more info .. quite easy to setup
I didn't realize this was Myth compatible.  I
definitely will pick one up for the non-HD/non-web
surfing viewing stations.  Thanks for the tip!

> IOData LP2 is far superior to Buffalo LT (check out
> avsforum.com)
I spent countless hours on avsforum researching the
LP2 vs the BLT, in the end I think they are fairly
similar. But regardless, either probably won't give me
the performance I was looking for.  HD streaming
quality is superb, but the slowness from the
server-side UPnP stuff is not acceptable... and, no
"LiveTV" support. Please let me know when you figure
out how to make it into a Myth frontend, I'd like to
give it a shot.

One more question for the group,

If I want two standard def tuners, any reason not to
get the Hauppauge PVR 500 over two PVR 150's?

Yahoo! Sports