[mythtv-users] Machine hangs, poss. because of PVR-250

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Fri Jun 17 15:59:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

My machine hangs, probably once or twice a day. It's a hard lock; the machine is completely unresponsive. If I reboot, everything works fine, until it freezes again. I can't see anything blatant in the logs that might be causing this to happen. Logging just stops, in dmesg and the other system logfiles.

My setup is as follows:
Shuttle SN41G2V2 with FC3 (2.6.11 kernel), built using atrpms RPMS.
Myth 0.18.1 (-113 rpm).
Firewire channel change, using 6200ch.
PVR250, ivtv 0.2.x from atrpms at-stable.

I've searched the mythtv-users, the mythtv-dev list and the ivtv mailing list for information. The ivtv list seemed to indicate that there's a problem with DMA in the 0.3 versions and thus I though that downgrading ivtv from the 0.3.x version (in at-testing) might help, but that doesn't seem to have done the trick.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Has anyone seen anything similar? Should I downgrade to the 0.1.x versions of ivtv? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Any help/pointers would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Peter
--
-- Peter