[mythtv-users] Seeking driving me nuts

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 14:53:41 UTC 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 10:28, Robert Tsai wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 10:13:07AM -0400, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > On Friday 17 June 2005 0:56, Sasha Z wrote:
> [Sasha Z wrote some stuff about undoubtedly important things, but
> Joseph cleverly hijacked the thread into a detour for his own
> nefarious purposes :).]

Heh.  Well, not *entirely* nefarious... I did manage to relate things 
back to the seeking issue eventually :-)

> > I've also been having problems with auto-transcoding.  I know some
> > changes went in recently, but I thought I'd addressed them by
> > tweaking the appropriate settings.  Basically, what I'm seeing is
> > that any newly scheduled recordings are not auto-transcoding (even
> > though I've checked and re-checked every setting relating to
> > auto-transcode both in the UI *and* the database itself.  All of my
> > recordings have 'autotranscode' = 1 and 'transcoder' = 0 in the
> > 'record' table, yet it seems like only my 'old' scheduled recordings
> > are being transcoded.
> Assuming you're running some recent vintage of CVS, make sure that:
> 	- Auto-transcode is enabled in each recording schedule (it
> 	  sounds like you've done this).


> 	- Auto-transcode is enabled in the Recording Profile for the
> 	  desired capture cards (less obvious). Be sure to go all the
> 	  way through the UI to click "Finish".


> Both need to be enabled for auto-transcode to occur. The idea is that
> you may want to transcode stuff recorded off your pcHDTV card to save
> disk space, but don't need to transcode stuff recorded off your PVR
> card which has already encoded something down to some acceptably-low
> bitrate.
> Having said that, I also experienced recent problems getting
> auto-transcode to work for new schedules. I ended up just going
> through a few cycles of going through the UI and restarting
> mythbackend until auto-transcode started working.

I didn't restart the backend, as I figured the changes would be read 
from the DB when the recording was actually started, but I'm restarting 
it now; we'll see...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20050617/3ad6f453/attachment.htm

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list