[mythtv-users] Feature Request: allowable overlap for recordings?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Thu Jun 16 20:33:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:29:57 +0200, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 6/16/05, David Kyle <david.kyle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In my case, I have The Simpsons set to record every time it airs on
>> any channel.  This way I get both the syndicated ones on WB and the
>> new ones on FOX.  I set it to start and end one minute early/late.
>> This works fine unless someone airs two episodes back to back, in
>> which case the second one doesn't get recorded at all.  I can fix it
>> manually, but it's a pain to do it when it could easily be done
>> automatically.  I can't really think of any cases where this automatic
>> behavior would be less desirable than the current behavior.
>
> The system is doing what you asked it to.  If you want to start early
> / end late and NOT have it impact conflict resolution like that then
> use a global setting.  The global setting will be ignored if honoring
> it would cause a conflict that can't be resolved any other way.

Been reading this and similar threads and thought I'd ask; if for some
reason I don't want to use the global setting and, like the GP, want one
specific show to start/end late, could the conflict caused by the
early/late setting be handled differently if the shows are on the same
channel and only one tuner is available? This is all assuming that either
1) there are no repeats of the second show or 2) the listings data has no
episode-specific info.

For me it feels natural to assume that it would handle it like it would a
global early/late setting in that specific case. Or is it handled like it
is now based on the principle of first-come, first-serve, and that
recoring programs fully is most important?

Just throwing in my two (euro)cents... :)

/ Niklas