[mythtv-users] Re: Problem playing back some recordings on remote frontend

Obie Fayth bibendum59 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 23:15:46 UTC 2005

> PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>
> Are these videos transcoded, (playing them with mplayer or xine?)
> or are they played using the internal myth player?
>
> Are both of them running fc3 with all the latest updates, or at
> least the same version of updates?  It sounds like there are
> some libraries out of whack on your FE machine.

These are non-transcoded mp2 files recorded by Myth. I know the FE &
BE were both up to date as of a couple of weeks ago, but I'll double
check to make sure that is still the case. Thanks for the tip on the
libraries, I'll see if there are any differences between the FE & BE.

fwiw, I discovered that the strange inability to fast forward or skip
past the 90~ minute mark on long recordings also occurs in xine.

thanks,
-Obie